Friday, October 1, 2010

7-24 Day 14 Chemult Or to Crescent City Ca

7-24 Day 14 Chemult Or to Crescent City Ca


View Larger Map

Cruising down the highway near Diamond lake



We stopped at the Headwaters for the Rogue River, pretty amazing place that you would just pass by if you didn't know it was there...












Beautiful waterfalls there, pretty amazing to think that the Rogue starts off so small

Even the movies don't show anything prettier than this





Starting from left to right, JC's Bike, Dad's Bike, My Bike

Looking at the lodge and up the side of the crater that forms Crater Lake

Couldn't ask for better weather, and the water was so blue and clear, this is another absolutely gorgeous place that everyone needs to see at some point. Here is a link to the legend of crater lake, pretty cool story... http://oe.oregonexplorer.info/craterlake/history.html







Dad and I with random tourist taking a picture alongside crater lake with wizard island in the backround..




The view looking out over the edge is pretty amazing as well






Yes that is still snow on the edge of the road in JULY!!!!

Another pic of Dad and I looking out over the lake.

Took this one to show how steep the sides are.

The clearness of the water and the brightness of the colors around Wizard island are simply amazing.


















This is Pirate Ship Rock, couldn't stay here long the bugs were HORRIBLE.

This waterfall was alongside the road on the way out. I don't know the origin of the name but it is called Vidao Falls


This was the last picture of the trip, from here we dead headed down to Crescent City and stayed the night there. It was well over 100 degrees when we passed thru Grants Pass, Oregon. From Crescent City we continued down 101 to Willits where we split off and I headed home from there. This was a amazing trip and one that I would repeat in a heartbeat. Originally I had planned on trying to take 3 weeks and heading towards Colorado, I am glad I changed my mind and definitely glad my Dad decided to join me. Thanks Dad for coming with me, the trip would not have been even half as memorable if you hadn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment